Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fudgy Socca Carob Cookies (Vegan, GF)

It is a well known fact that I love socca. Jac still hasn't totally warmed up to it yet, mostly because she is on a candida cleanse (which I will also be starting once I'm done school). Another one of my favourite things is cookies (of course)! So I tried to make cookies out of socca-ish ingredients. They actually came out really soft and light yet fudgy on the inside, sort of like muffin tops, which seem to be really trendy right now for some reason...Think of these as a cross between chocolate cake and a cookie...


Oh! and before you go check out our new photo sharing site: Health Freak Food, yummy food photos for health freaks and the like! :)


3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup oil (we used walnut)
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup liquid honey/maple syrup/coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup carob powder
2 flax eggs (see substitutions)


Combine flours, carob and salt in a small bowl, set aside. In a large bowl combine "eggs", oil, tahini, syrup and vanilla. Gradually add in dry ingredients (sift through a sieve if necessary). Drop spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 mins at 350F.


You could totally replace the buckwheat flour with more chickpea flour. I just wanted to make sure the flavour of the carob would come through. You can also replace the tahini with any seed or nut butter.




Cookie Pile!


Fudgy Bite

12 comments:

  1. Ohh I like socca and I LOVE chocolate... so these seem like a good combo ;) and Socca always comes out so moist and delicious, I bet it's a great texture for these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so rich and decadent! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god these look INSANE! Can't wait to try them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummie & tasty looking cookies! But adding tahini in cookies,..;I don't love the taste of tahini.

    What else could you use instead???

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sophiesfoodiefiles: you could try virtually any other nut/seed butter, I imagine almond or sunflower would be quite nice. (we used roasted tahini fyi)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!! I want to make these! :-) And they sound so simple!

    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look pretty fantastic! Sketch-free is bad ass! :)

    http://haymarket8.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yum, these look really good. thanks for visiting my blog.. I will send some recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty blog! and i'll definitely think about submitting some photos for your new blog, although mine aren't nearly as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting! Do you think I could substitute another flour for the buckwheat. It doesn't matter if it's gluten-free. Would brown rice flour work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ours came out a bit dense and not too sweet but my daughter got this great idea! We sliced them in half length wise and used to make mini "ice cream" sandwiches with mocha fudge Soy Delicious and some vanilla Tempt. Everyone loved them. Thanks so much for the entire fantastic blog and recipes.

    ReplyDelete